Responsible Disclosure Program: Vulnerability
Ensuring the security of TomTom’s services and products is essential. If you discover any vulnerability, please send details immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address it as quickly as possible. Be sure to encrypt your message by using our PGP key.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability, or deleting or modifying other people's data;
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved;
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service or spam;
- Do not attack TomTom personnel;
- Do not attack third-party applications, systems, or products
Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within three (3) business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date;
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you regarding the report;
- That your personal details and the content of your report will remain confidential. To confirm: we require your permission to share any of your personal details with third parties.
- Updates on steps we have taken toward resolving the problem; and
- If you are the first to report a specific vulnerability, we will add you to our Hall of Fame below.
- TomTom does not give bounties.
Thank you for your interest and help in protecting the security of TomTom’s services and products.