You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
The Director of Software Engineering is the true owner of her business domain along with his product management counterpart.
He consistently helps his team to deliver successfully on business objectives.
His team is continuously growing stronger and healthier, the team's topology and architecture are fit for purpose and set well for the future, and the whole team is united behind a clear mission in line with business strategy.
Value flows to customers efficiently in his organization.
He needs no guidance to have the optimal results sustainably and appreciates that his performance is assessed based on his team’s business impact and the extent to which his team develops top talent as part of daily business.
The Director Software Engineering typically owns the results of the software engineering teams in a coherent business domain, taking full accountability for business impact, strategic direction, and a fit-for-purpose org structure.
Proven 18+ years of experience in product development engineering organizations.
Proven ability to drive innovation, deep and hands-on understanding of technologies.
Java software engineering experience, developing commercially successful applications that are, scalable, highly available, and expose robust APIs.
Experience in Big Data,AI/ML is a plus.
Very strong technical leadership skills coupled with a passion for empowering and driving excellence in teams.
Experience establishing, or partnering with others, to stand up DevOps capabilities in product development organizations.
Experience working with geographically distributed cross-functional stakeholders creating strong inter organizational relationships.
Experience in leading organizations through Agile transformation.
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
· Competitive compensation package. · Work flexibility program (Working @ TomTom) - work from both home and the office!
· Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support.
· Chance to work abroad for 90-calendar days in select countries and states!
· Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
· Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
· Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly and LinkedIn learning.
· The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
· Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
1. First call: If your application matches the role, then it’s time to put a voice to the name! We’ll call you to set up an interview.
2. First interview: In this interview, we want to know more about you – what excites you about location technology and how can you help us solve global challenges.
3. Second interview: We'll dive into your potential role, showing you how you’ll fit into your team and contribute to our vision.
4. The final decision: Cue the fireworks, because we’ll start the onboarding!