Roll out our new cloud based API Gateway infrastructure
Configure, test and maintain our new API Gateway and the endpoints in a fully automated way
Design, deploy and maintain our cloud infrastructure with future growth in mind
Design, deploy and maintain CI/CD in close cooperation with team-internal developers and QAs
Add, change and maintain existing API endpoints running on our current API GW (Apigee)
Be part of the on-call team to guarantee 24x7x365 uptime
Cloud mentality: on-demand deployment, horizontal scaling, fault tolerant, self-healing, automate everything
End-to-end mentality: responsible for the entire system, whether scripting, automation, stress/load testing, on-call, documentation, spike/poc/research, root cause analysis
“Can do” mentality
Experience and being comfortable with working in a high volume, high frequency, no downtime environment
Experience with the Agile way of working in cross functional, self steering and autonomous teams
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Hands-on experience with public cloud providers (Azure preferred)
5+ years of Linux System administration and engineering experience
Experience with version control (Git)
Experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Github actions)
Experience with scripting languages (Bash & Python, lua & golang is a pre)
General Networking skills required (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
Hands-on mentality with a demonstrated talent for solving problems proactively
High degree of flexibility and adaptability
Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, across all levels of the organization (English)
A positive and open approach, we want you to have a voice and bring in new ideas and solutions.
Fast learner, flexible, can independently work and make good decisions, team player, and adaptable to change.
Nice to have: exposure to Envoy and Azure database solutions
Meet your team:
We’re Navigation, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Using a Navigation Data Standard (NDS) run-time format, our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing, route guidance, map visualization, search, positioning and machine learning-based predictions and suggestions. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation package. · Work flexibility program (Working @ TomTom) - work from both home and the office!
· Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support.
· Chance to work abroad for 90-calendar days in select countries and states!
· Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
· Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
· Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly and LinkedIn learning.
· The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
· Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
After you apply:
1. First call: If your application matches the role, then it’s time to put a voice to the name! We’ll call you to set up an interview.
2. First interview: In this interview, we want to know more about you – what excites you about location technology and how can you help us solve global challenges.
3. Online assessment: We’ll set you an assignment - use your expertise to show us what you’ve got.
4. Second interview: We'll dive into your potential role, showing you how you’ll fit into your team and contribute to our vision.
5. The final decision: Cue the fireworks, because we’ll start the onboarding!