What you’ll need:
- Min 3 years of product management experience in a fast-paced tech industry
- Proven experience identifying business opportunities, building a product strategy, and influencing delivery against a multi-year roadmap
- Proven experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe product features, technical designs, and product state
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of core technologies utilized in their product domain and fluency in pros and cons of technical alternatives
- Ability to drive alignment and coherent product feature, business, and evangelism strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the company’s primary technical product manager for end-user/employee device-specific features including but not limited to laptop and its configurations and peripherals, mobiles phones, in-office Digital IT experience including audio visual equipment and meeting room experience, printers, and other relevant parts.
- Understand data and technical details of the product and actively participates and contribute to decisions to effectively manage trade-offs, navigating the implications and complexity of product decisions.
- Focus on automation and self-service solutions.
- Understand outcomes rather than outputs and recognize improvements in metrics that will support measuring key product outcomes.
- Create, maintain and own the product roadmap for end-user/employee devices and respective management platforms
- Collaborate closely with the Identity & Access Management, Network and Security Product Teams to plan and implement client solutions focusing on all supported OS’s (Windows, WVD, Ubuntu, MacOS) while maximizing our security standards on Endpoints.
- Manage the DW (Digital Workplace) Technology teams and products backlog.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers, Technical Leads and System Engineers of the different OS platforms and client hardware, and with the end users to ensure the best possible end-user experience.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Work flexibility program (Working @ TomTom) - work from both home and the office!
- Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support. Chance to work abroad for 90-calendar days in select countries and states!
- Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
- Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
- Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly and LinkedIn learning.
- The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
- Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
After you apply
1. First call: If your application matches the role, then it’s time to put a voice to the name! We’ll call you to set up an interview.
2. First interview: In this interview, we want to know more about you – what excites you about location technology and how can you help us solve global challenges.
3. Interview Panel: We’ll set you up to speak with multiple interviews to hear about different teams in TomTom and check on different aspects of Product Management.
4. The Final Decision! Cue the Fireworks