What you'll do?
- Help support the goal of building better, faster and cheaper digital maps
- As part of our team, you will be responsible for creating and developing a platform used for the production of digital maps
- Your work will improve the experience of key stakeholders of the MCP data capture and reporting systems
- Exchange knowledge with our talented engineers globally and solve a wide range of challenging, state of the art algorithmic issues
- You will be working in the teams that directly manage their products
- Working within a DevOps team responsible for the design, development and operational support for several key systems.
- Working with the latest native cloud technology to solve some of the Big Data challenges
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
- Experience in DevOps environment and passion for CI/CD tools, and cloud computing
- Experience in AWS, Azure, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Docker, Chef
- Experience in Big Data and supporting technologies (Spark, Hive, Hbase and Databricks)
- Experience in Data ingestion, analyzing data, deduplication processes, data partitioning, converting data formats using skills SCALA, Databricks big formats.
- Knowledge of SQL databases and NoSQL databases
- Development experience in Java or Python
- The ability to drive issues to resolution through communication, collaboration, and high-quality code
- Ability to analyze problems on the abstract level and to decompose them into logical parts
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented design principles and testing practices
- Strong understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, to implement a shared vision of the end product.
- Eagerness to learn a lot of new things and continuously improve your skills, open mind for discussion
Meet your team
Maps Content Processing (MCP) is where we turn the vision of Product Units into reality. As a service unit, our team is responsible for all manual editing of the map as well as the running of automation tools. We have fast-paced operations where productivity is our number one focus. We have many opportunities to increase productivity, decrease the cost of quality, improve timing and reduce costs for which we need creative engineering solutions. Besides focusing on current operational goals, Maps Content Processing is also expanding its service offerings which are important for our internal customers and is equally important for MCP to increase its capabilities. Come join a team where your return on investment is tangible and critical to the teams’ success.
What we offer
Competitive compensation package.
Work flexibility program (Working @ TomTom) - work from both home and the office! [https://www.tomtom.com/careers/working-at-tomtom/]
· Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support
· Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
· Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
·Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly and LinkedIn learning.
· The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
· Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.