You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Manager you will be working with a team of skilled, innovative and passionate engineers in creating cutting edge software solutions for creating and maintaining digital maps. You lead the team in creating breakthrough solutions, advancing agile development principles and improving engineering practices.
You are responsible for the successful creation of ground-breaking software solutions, while delivering customer value, with high quality along with continuous personal advancement.
- Skills and experience in technical leadership, with the ability to translate business requirements into software design.
- Ability to analyze problems at an abstract level and decompose them into logical parts.
- Develops and builds the teams: attract, recruit and retain capable individuals
- Defines and aligns departmental vision and strategy; clarifies the mission and purpose of the team in line with that vision; supports the teams in executing their mission and eliminates impediments
- Helps individuals to continuously learn and develop themselves (collects, provides and helps to interpret feedback); decides on fair compensation, benefits and promotions.
- Assists the teams and the release manager to continuously improve the way of working; stimulates collaboration within the team and with other teams.
- Creates a safe and employee friendly environment where productivity, quality, transparency and openness are valued. Ensures alignment of TomTom values.
- Provides an open and transparent communication channel between employees and senior management
- Evaluates teams performance against stakeholder expectations, identifies risks and corrective actions and reports to senior management
- Has full management authority and accountability for the performance and end results of the teams within own area of specialty
- Adapts team plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Decisions and problem solving are guided by policies, procedures and department plan; receives guidance from manager for only the most complex situations
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Applies deep understanding of the business and how own area integrates with others to achieve unit objectives
- Mentors/ line-manages professionals. Adapts plans and priorities to meet short-term service and/or operational objectives
- Identifies and solves technical and operational problems and addresses issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines; understands and recognizes broader impact across the department
- Guided by policies and departmental plan, primary accountability for the end results of the team; has impact by exercising control over resources and planning
- Guides and influences others either internally or externally to adopt a different point of view
- Be a servant leader
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field and must have min. 15+ years of experience with a proven track record in technical roles
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of engineers and architects.
- Expert hands on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies primarily Java but not limited to that.
- Knowledge of modern programming technologies and approaches (OOP, Design Patterns, SOLID principles, TDD, Service Oriented Architecture etc.)
- Proven track record with complex architectural designs and getting them developed / deployed
- Very good exposure to devops concepts and tools, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Hands on experience of handling (or at least being major part of) complex business situations and enterprise level software products
- Thinker – can come up with ideas and has the courage and perseverance to bring them to reality
- Puts the team before self, believes in and can build strong teams across units and rallying team’s support for a cause
- Awareness and experience in working with multicultural, multi-locations teams
Meet your team: MAPS Product Unit
Part of TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit, the Maps product unit is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining this product unit, you can help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
Achieve more !!!
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
Ready to move the world forward?
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.