You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
· Work in Autonomous Driving team to deliver maps and services for driving automation
· Work with AWS and Azure clouds
· Design and implement processes operating daily on terabytes of geospatial data assuring their performance, scalability, and quality
· Use following technology standards – Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure), Continuous Deployment (Docker, Terraform, Jenkins), System Monitoring (Kibana, Grafana), Test Automation (Cucumber, JUnit 5), PostgreSQL
· Identify the most appropriate technology to solve the problem, take part in design decisions and estimate your own work
· Exchange knowledge with our talented engineers and solve a wide range of challenging, state of the art algorithmic problems
· Work in the teams that directly design and manage their own products (we are not outsourcing – we decide what we do and how we do it)
· Good knowledge of Java 8 (or higher) or other object-oriented programming languages
· Practical knowledge of object-oriented programming
· Familiarity with at least one script language (Python, Bash, etc.) and Linux environment
· Basic knowledge of SQL databases
· Good communications skills in English – you should be able to read and understand technical documentation and to communicate with colleagues from other locations
· Eagerness to learn a lot of new things and continuously improve your skills, open mind for discussions
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team
is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate, and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed-loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple since life is complex enough, and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences,s and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.