Product Manager Electric Vehicle Navigation
What you will do
Know the customer
You are passionate about the electric vehicle revolution and will be the organization’s go-to expert for the navigation needs of manufacturers and drivers of electric vehicles, working closely with our sales and account managers.
Know the data
You will take a data-driven approach to product management.
Know the business
You will be responsible for maximizing the business value resulting from the work of a number of development teams, delivering product increments every two weeks.
Know market & industry
You will be responsible for beating competition in electric vehicle navigation.
Shape and maintain our product vision for electric vehicle navigation
You will consolidate all insights above, together with key strategic product decisions taking into account specific opportunities and threats related to our technological capabilities, in a Product Vision for TomTom EV Navigation.
Collaborate closely with product development teams on a daily basis
You will build and manage a prioritized list of user and customer problems to solve where each solved problem takes us closer to the product vision. This is also known as the Product Backlog.
You will work closely with a number of diverse development teams who are responsible for turning the product backlog into shipped product increments, engaging them in the full cycle of product development, from discovery to operation.
You will bring together product development teams and key stakeholders, e.g. at sprint review meetings and user story mapping workshops, so they can effectively collaborate on clarifying user and customer requirements.
You will lead by example in implementing Agile principles and consciously push the team to live DevOps.
Collaborate closely with key stakeholders and teams across the company
TomTom develops and markets a rich product portfolio based on a broad range of location technologies like maps, real-time content services, search algorithms, or car sensor integration. You will build and maintain a network across various product units inside TomTom to ensure we leverage the full wealth of our location technology portfolio to delight drivers and manufacturers of electric vehicles and meet the expectations of key stakeholders.
What you need to be successful
- A passion for electric vehicles and navigation, with an expert understanding of the customer market, the product category, and the competitive landscape
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in B2C and/or B2B Product Management in software-intensive technology organizations
- Experience in working closely with Agile product development teams
- Completed Master level degree in a relevant field
- A strong technical background to effectively partner with software architects and engineers
- Intellectually capable – strong analytical skills, structure thoughts, identify and frame problems, and propose solutions with reasoned rationales
- Can make decisions, even when there is no obvious best solution, achieving consensus amongst stakeholders when the decision is controversial
- Ability to form a network of effective relationships within the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
What you can expect
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a global company.
- You will contribute to TomTom’s organizational evolution towards fast-moving empowered product teams
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with
- Let’s not forget the good stuff like flexible benefits, 50% product discount and bonus scheme