At TomTom you can be the search engine expert for creating and extending web services used by TomTom for geocoding, reverse geocoding and searching addresses and points of interests. Given the broadness of the free text search domain, you will be encouraged to investigate and implement algorithms improving performance and results accuracy. As every member of our development team you will influence design decisions, architecture and choice of tooling used by the team.
We work with a wide diversity of technologies: Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure), Java, Apache Lucene, Node.js, git, Maven, shell scripts, etc., thus you are offered the opportunity to continuously broaden your skill set and keep on learning new skills.
Principal Software Developer is responsible for the software stack managed by Search Product Unit. Search PU applies Scrum and Agile processes for software development. The expert developer has over 10 years of experience and should be capable of independently fulfilling the tasks. Requirements to the role of Engineering Lead-Expert Software Engineer:
- Java 8 required
- Apache Lucene (or any search engines interest) is much appreciated
- Experience in leading team of developers (5-9 people)
- Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Maven
- Microsoft Azure cloud technology, Amazon AWS
- Database experience
- Algorithm expertise
- Git, Linux, scripting experience
- Good command of English both in speech and writing
- Knowledge of any: Java Script, Angular.js, Node.js an advantage (server-side)
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns and clean code principles
- Good knowledge of automated testing techniques and tools
We're looking for "hardcore" Java software engineers. People who live and breath design & implementation, but are also happy to support others and lead team to develop their own potential! Online technical tests (Codility) are part of the process. After passing the tests a Teams interview will be planned, or a face to face interview when the traveling is feasible.
Offering is a TomTom permanent contract and we prefer candidates who already live in Europe.