We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Lead our geocoding track (forward and reverse geocoding)
- Responsible for 2-3 teams, 15+ employees, leads via team managers
- Develop and builds the teams: attract, recruit and retain capable individuals
- Define and align departmental vision and strategy; clarifies the mission and purpose of the team in line with that vision; supports the teams in executing their mission and eliminates impediments
- Help individuals to continuously learn and develop themselves (collects, provides and helps to interpret feedback); decides on fair compensation, benefits and promotions
- Assist the teams to continuously improve the way of working; stimulates collaboration within the team and with other teams
- Create a safe and employee friendly environment where productivity, quality, transparency and openness are valued. Ensures alignment of TomTom values
- Provide an open and transparent communication channel between employees and senior management
- Evaluate teams performance against stakeholder expectations, identifies risks and corrective actions and reports to senior management
- Work with Product to make the geocoding experience better for our users
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field and must have min. 15+ years of experience with a proven track record in technical roles
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of engineers and architects.
- Expert hands on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies primarily Java but not limited to that.
- Knowledge of modern programming technologies and approaches (OOP, Design Patterns, SOLID principles, TDD, Service Oriented Architecture etc.)
- Proven track record with complex architectural designs and getting them developed / deployed
- Very good exposure to devops concepts and tools, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Hands on experience of handling (or at least being major part of) complex business situations and enterprise level software products
- Thinker – can come up with ideas and has the courage and perseverance to bring them to reality
- Puts the team before self, believes in and can build strong teams across units and rallying team’s support for a cause
- Awareness and experience in working with multicultural, multi-locations teams
Meet your team
We are Search Product Unit. We are on a mission to deliver a world class search experience for all driver scenarios. We are improving search relevance, speed and cost every day via data engineering, software development and product innovation. If you are interested in information retrieval, large data manipulation, data science, machine learning and tackling complex problems, you will find a great new home with us.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?