We are proud to be one team of more than 4,500 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions. By joining our team, while making positive impact in the world, you have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields.
What You'll Do
- Determine safety relevance and safety level classification of our products
- Identify, analyze and assess safety risks by means of safety analysis (e.g., HARA, FMEA, STPA, DFA) that could hinder TomTom products and/or organization to achieve its goals (i.e., safety goals, business goals)
- Generate simulation scenarios in order to determine potential hazards and support validation of our products
- Develop, compile, and communicate Risk Management policies in coordination with the GRC manager
- Conduct safety data analysis through effective data mining and statistical analysis with the aim of identifying safety hazards/safety issues
- Develop safety risk reports/dashboards for relevant personnel and stakeholders to ensure they have appropriate visibility of risk within their functional area
- Support the company risk management process through supporting internal stakeholders in conducting risk assessments
- Collaborate with Functional Safety Manager(s), product managers, development teams and customers on technical aspects of functional safety related to risks and hazards
- Contribute to the development of safety policies, standards, guidelines, tools and support the implementation of these processes and tools for the whole organization
- Participate in project functional safety claim resolution
Attention: remote working is possible
What you’ll need
- PhD, Master's Degree in an subject area such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and Data Science
- 3+ years work experience in functional safety
- Experience with modern technology stacks and development practices
- Experience with SW programming (e.g., C, C++, Pyton, Java)
- Demonstrable experience in conducting hazard analysis and risk assessment engagements
- Solid experience in System Modeling and Simulation
- Knowledge of statistical and optimization tools and techniques
- In-depth knowledge of existing industry safety standards and best practices (i.e., ISO 26262, ISO 21448, etc.)
- Knowledge of the safety analysis techniques (e.g., FMEA, FTA, DFA, HAZOP)
- Strong Engineering mindset
- Ability to effectively communicate risk and complex safety problems to engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Thirst for knowledge and a drive to stay current
- Critical thinking, knowledge or interest in research of state-of-the art in safety
- Experience in an agile development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
What’s nice to have
- Experience in data science
- Knowledge in location technologies
- Familiarity with security frameworks and regulations (e.g., ISO27001, GDPR)
Meet your team We’re TomTom Safety Security Unit. We are ensuring security-aware process and product safety for all TomTom products brought to market. We work alongside Product Teams, Information Security, Enterprise IT, Commercial IT, Legal, Finance, HR to minimize risk and increase resilience across the business. We take a risk-driven approach to assure absence of unreasonable risk for our products. On our team, you’ll help a safe, connected, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
Achieve more We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values we care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?