We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
We are looking for the best and brightest mind to join our Business Intelligence & Analytics Team in Amsterdam as a Senior Software Engineer!
At Business Intelligence & Analytics
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Business Intelligence & Analytics team, you will be working with team members in Poland, France, USA, New Zealand, Spain and Germany and other teams all around the world.
In our team you will focus primarily on server-side applications based on Java and work on user interfaces. We develop products used by internal and external customers; we build them, we run them, and we maintain them. Some of the applications deal with huge amounts of data, while others focus on fast processing.
Want to code the future?
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Design and implement solutions to support the Business Intelligence and Analytics teams
- Maintain communication with non-software teams to understand their needs and propose solutions to work efficiently, improve their tools focusing in click reduction and automation
- At Business intelligence we deliver reports to different team in the organization. You will be helping to automatize reporting and create new and exciting ways to visualize data
- Explore, learn, and use new techniques and technologies like machine learning and big data
What we expect from you
- Solid Python coding experience
- Advance knowledge and experience with Business Intelligence tools: Power BI, Macros Excel programing, dashboards, and data visualization
- Linux environment with Shell programming experience
- Front development – Reac.js
- Data base experience – SQL
- Testing of code and applications in a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Flexibility in programming languages such as Java, Postscript
- Knowledge of Cloud-based data hosting and applications is a plus
- You can work alone with your own task, projects, and priorities with and end to end ownership attitude
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time being able to prioritize
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job every day if you don’t like the people you work with.
- A diverse, multi-cultural environment;
- You will be part of an amazing team of engineers, product managers, developers and consultants, always eager to help you learn and grow!
- A full-time contract
Tomtom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?