At TomTom we’re mapmakers, providing location technology for drivers, carmakers, enterprises and developers.
Our highly accurate maps, navigation software, real-time traffic information and APIs enable smart mobility on a global scale, making the roads safer, the drive easier and the air cleaner.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 30 countries, TomTom’s technologies are trusted by hundreds of millions of drivers, businesses and governments worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the overall output quality of the team.
- Coach team members to instill good software engineering practices.
- Provide technical direction to the team to deliver solutions leveraging Cloud technologies to ensure highly automated, cost efficient, reliable and scalable systems for global map updates with fast cycle times.
- Develops and builds the teams: attract, recruit and retain capable individuals;
- Applies deep understanding of the business and how own area integrates with others to achieve departmental objectives;
- Creates a safe and employee friendly environment where productivity, quality, transparency and openness are valued. Ensures alignment of TomTom values;
- Identifies and solves technical and operational problems and addresses issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines; understands and recognizes broader impact across the department;
- Evaluates team’s performance against stakeholder expectations, identifies risks and corrective actions and reports to senior management;
- Develop, build, mentor and direct a world-class engineering team and cultivate a culture of executing high-velocity and high-class delivery by developing sustainable and scalable components;
- Nurture the culture of fail often, learn fast and fail fast;
- Define a long-term talent strategy across technologies;
- Drive for innovation and improvement - encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes, and culture, keeping them agile and creative;
- Responsible for, 10-20 employees.
What we expect from you
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field and must have minimum of 10-15 years of experience with a proven track record in techno-managerial roles;
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management experience;
- Develop full stack applications/services/tools/script to process big data in AWS and Azure (Multi cloud environment);
- Expert hands on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies primarily Java but not limited to that;
- Knowledge of modern programming technologies and approaches (OOP, SOA, Microservices and Events. Design Patterns, SOLID principles, TDD etc.);
- Proven track record with complex architectural designs and getting them developed/deployed;
- Very good exposure to DevOps concepts and tools, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery;
- Proficient in Unix/Linux operating systems;
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Git/Gerrit, Gitlab, Kubernetes etc.;
- Hands on experience of handling (or at least being major part of) complex business situations and enterprise level software products;
- Thinker – can come up with ideas and has the courage and perseverance to bring them to reality;
- Puts the team before self, believes in and can build strong teams across units and rallying team’s support for a cause;
- Awareness and experience in working with multicultural, multi-locations teams.
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience during the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can be rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?