In this role we believe that you have a drive for the delivery of high-quality software and a passion for technology and innovation. You are motivated by leading and developing people, building and growing agile software development teams. Building an engineering culture with an emphasis on empowered teams who deliver to agreed commitments is also part of this exciting assignment.
To succeed in this role, you have a solid software engineering background, since you need to lead by example by bootstrapping, building and improving products and teams within your responsibility area. You are experienced in lean/agile development and continuous improvement; encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability. You are curious and actively seeking to acquire new knowledge and skills and champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. You are not afraid to change direction based on new ideas, approaches, and strategies, when it is beneficial.
Within TomTom we work with many different cultures, and you collaborate with coworkers in the engineering network to achieve and fulfil our common goals.
You have knowledge in following areas:
Good knowledge and motivation for software engineering practices such as BDD, TDD, test automation, DevOps, code versioning, with knowledge and experience of using industry standard toolsets
Knowledge of design and architecture concepts, especially within the Mobile space and SDKs, and ability to apply knowledge within the development cycle
Knowledge of the respective technology capability area’s products and services
We see that you have a minimum of two years’ experience as an engineering manager with the ability to lead, coach, motivate and develop teams and team members.
Understand the needs of the service management and operations phase, including incident and problem management
You will be accountable for the technical delivery for your products within our digital organization.
You will be the line manager for a team of engineers with responsibility for the people processes such as recruitment, performance, competence, career development and health/welfare of co-workers.
You will provide technical domain knowledge, technical leadership and coach the teams in ‘best in class’ standards for software engineering and operations. You will help the teams drive with modern software engineering principles, utilize the tools fit for purpose and automate everything to enable the specified business outcomes.
• Work with one or multiple products in terms of being fully accountable for the technical deliverables, supporting the product's roadmap. This includes the efficiency, security and quality aspects of delivery and operations as well as support
• Work closely with the product managers, architects, tech leads and UX and many groups within the TomTom Platform Products
• Responsible for recruiting engineers, achieving and sustaining employee engagement and retention through motivation and strong management
• Manage all technical resources and capacity plans within budget
• Lead, inspire, motivate a multi-discipline software product team
• Help build an engineering culture that is accountability and results orientated
• Lead and organise the team following Empowered, Lean and DevOps principles to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to TomTom quality standards
This position is located in our office in Łódź, Poland. We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English. Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
We are very much looking forward to receiving your application for this exciting position!