At TomTom we’re mapmakers, providing location technology for drivers, carmakers, enterprises and developers.
Our highly accurate maps, navigation software, real-time traffic information and APIs enable smart mobility on a global scale, making the roads safer, the drive easier and the air cleaner.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 30 countries, TomTom’s technologies are trusted by hundreds of millions of drivers, businesses and governments worldwide.
What you'll do
The Senior Workday Application Engineer will work with the HR team and wider business to help them realize their roadmap while resolving the technical and functional issues when they occur. We expect this individual to drive the solution that best fits business needs.
- Understand and transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solutions
- Great business analysis capability to interpret business needs
* Document application requirements, define objectives and scope, construct workflow charts and diagrams etc.
*Participate in the implementation of changes through creation of functional specifications, test specifications and training materials, solve issues
- Manage and resolve incidents and change requests alike.
- Work collaboratively with other team members across functional and technical disciplines
- Ensure proper response and resolution to issues and errors
- Develop and maintain integrations between Workday and other Enterprise systems.
- Drive workday enhancement projects working with vendors and business.
- Must have strong experience with workday implementations.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience with design, development, testing and implementation experience in IT including a minimum of 3 years in Workday
- Must have the technical skills and experience needed to develop cost-effective, timely solutions that meet functional and performance requirements
- Experience with industry standard HR/HCM platforms, services; and products; Workday configuration, implementation and maintenance required
- Experience in Inbound/ Outbound integrations Using Core Connector, working on EIBs, enhancements to Workday Studio integrations, Report Writer, Creating Workday Calculated Fields and Custom Report
- Strong strategic HR/HCM business acumen, understanding of organization strategy and ability to design/integration HR solutions and platforms to deliver that strategy
- Preferred experience in Core HR, Absence Management, Compensation, Benefits, Recruitment, Compensation Planning, Performance management, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, Succession Planning, Onboarding. Strong knowledge of Workday Time Tracking is a definite advantage.
- B.E / B.Tech / M.Sc(Comp)/ MCA / MBA
- 5+ years of IT experience with at least 3+ years of Workday experience
- 3+ years of experience working with and building integrations with HCM systems in a professional, fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of experience building Workday integrations
- Experience building and maintaining inbound/outbound integrations in Workday
- Solid experience with EIB, Workday Studio and Cloud Connect type of integrations are preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Analytical approach to solving system issues including understanding system interfaces
- Knowledge on XML, XSLT, Xpath, Web Services/SOAP
- Ability to work independently, and report on status and planning of own work.
- Experience in validating requirements and mapping them to standard solutions.
- Can work in a dynamic environment with evolving end-user demands. Be proactive in signalling false expectations and issues.
- Can work in a cross-geographical team. Understand who the other team members are, and reach out to them whenever required.
- Be persistent and analytical about solving bugs and incidents.
Meet your team
You’ll be responsible for capabilities that help ensure TomTom’s business operates efficiently and services are best delivered to customers. Enterprise IT is responsible for implementing and operating applications for TomTom’s shared services departments like Finance, Sales, HR and Legal. Key enterprise applications in our landscape are SAP, Workday, Salesforce, SAP BW and Biztalk. The Enterprise IT Finance and Logistics teams that you will be part of includes the application manager, 2 application engineers located in Amsterdam and 6 in Pune, India.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?
Online assessments and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.