We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Work in an agile team, probably the first team in the industry, that is going to create the process to compile open maps.
- Contribute to an agile team, architecting, realizing, and supporting state-of-the-art data transformation algorithms in Java to enable TomTom’s best-in-class navigation functionalities like route calculation or map visualization.
- Extend, improve, and integrate features in TomTom map products for embedded and mobile devices as well as for server-based navigation solutions.
- Work with and extend our industry-standard runtime navigation map format (NDS) in the automotive or online business.
- Maintain our map compilation software stack and contribute to its software and design quality; always strive to improve the quality of our software and map products; continuously improve our testing strategies and test coverage.
- Create and share interface specifications, code documentation, and architectural decision records.
- Use Java and Java-related technologies like hibernating, SQLite, git.
- Work in a clean code environment – we at TomTom pay great attention to testing and software quality, using unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, test automation, automated merge pipelines, quality monitoring through Sonar and Tiobe.
- Contribute to a map production system that handles terabytes of data and runs on large computing clouds.
- That’s quite a lot but don’t worry, you will work in an environment in which we support each other. As a member of the Scrum team, you will get support, training, and time to get into the project.
What you’ll need
- Knowledge of Java and object-oriented design principles.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, including unit & integration testing, version control, continuous integration, release building.
- Ability to work on varying topics in a lively, fast-changing agile/scrum environment.
- Eagerness to learn and to get acquainted with a broad range of technologies and a diverse software stack in a short timeframe as well as focus on ‘getting things done’ and ensuring good quality.
- Willingness to work in a self-organizing scrum team, in which you contribute to diverse tasks (development, testing, supporting users, bug fixing, etc.).
- Good knowledge of automated testing techniques and tools and experience with CI.
- Good command of English both spoken and written.
- We are looking for candidates with different levels of seniority (from Regular to Expert).
What’s nice to have
- Experience in open source and open map data technologies and products.
- Experience with car navigation software design and runtime map formats.
- Experience in cloud technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure, or AWS.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tooling.
Meet your team
We’re NDS, a product unit within TomTom’s Map Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of ~100 people in 5 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate, and detailed navigation maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll continuously help innovate our navigation map offering, create a real-time closed-loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people, and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple since life is complex enough, and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?