You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Understanding stakeholders' requirements and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions;
- Support development teams with expert technical guidance, predicting, identifying, assessing and solving application related issues;
- Capture critical business needs and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions
- Assist in creating and reviewing product design documents to ensure compliance with architecture standards;
- Define internal standards and solutions for own field of expertise and focus on creating cross-platform architectural solutions;
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity.
- Increase technical knowledge and skills in own field of expertise and share knowledge with colleagues within and outside the own team
- Support and lead the developers working in an agile model under your responsibility, assist engineers in solving technical problems
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity
- Build and maintain links to product owners and other product units to ensure appropriate communication paths are established and used.
- Supports product owner to identify and determine short and long term requirements for the team.
What you’ll need
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field and must have 9-to-13 years of experience with a proven track record in technical roles
Expert hands on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies like
- Expert hands on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies like Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Flex, HTML, CSS, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or other databases
- Expert hands on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies
Exposure to modern technologies like Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic Search
- Proven track record with complex architectural designs and getting them developed / deployed
- Very good exposure to DevOps concepts and tools, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Quick learner, believes in continuous learning and acts as a catalyst for building the culture within the organization
- Analytical thinking skills, problems solving with strong exposure to root causing tools and techniques and ability to come up with win-win solutions in complex business situations,
- Exposure to machine learning and NN
- Hands on experience of handling (or at least being major part of) complex business situations and enterprise level software products
- Thinker – can come up with ideas and has the courage and perseverance to bring them to reality
- Puts the team before self, believes in and is capable of building strong teams across units and rallying team’s support for a cause
- Leads from the front, empowers his/her teams to taken their own decisions.
- Good Communication
- Active listening
- Challenges self and team
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to coach and mentor people on technical topics
- Awareness and experience in working with multicultural, multi-locations teams
Good to Have
Exposure to Azure or AWS
Meet your team: MAPS Product Unit
Part of TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit, the Maps product unit is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining this product unit, you can help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?