- Work in an agile team, probably the first team in the industry, that is going to create the process to compile open maps.
- Contribute to an agile team, architecting, realizing and supporting state-of-the-art data transformation algorithms in Java to enable TomTom’s best-in-class navigation functionalities like route calculation or map visualization.
- Extend, improve and integrate features in TomTom map products for embedded and mobile devices as well as for server-based navigation solutions.
- Work with and extend our industry-standard runtime navigation map format (NDS) in the automotive or online business.
- Maintain our map compilation software stack and contribute to its software and design quality
- Create and share interface specifications, code documentation and architectural decision records.
- Use Java and Java-related technologies like hibernate, SQLite, git.
- Contribute to a map production system that handles terabytes of data and runs on large computing clouds.
What you’ll need
- Knowledge of Java and object-oriented design principles
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, including unit & integration testing, version control, continuous integration, release building.
- Ability to work on varying topics in a lively, fast changing agile/scrum environment.
- Focus on ‘getting things done’ and ensuring good quality.
- Eagerness to learn and to get acquainted with a broad range of technologies and a diverse software stack in a short timeframe.
- Willingness to work in a self-organizing scrum team, in which you contribute to diverse tasks (development, testing, supporting users, bug fixing, etc.).
What’s nice to have
- Experience in open source and open map data technologies and products.
- Experience with car navigation software design and runtime map formats.
- Experience in cloud technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with DevOps practices and tooling
Meet your team
We’re NDS, a product unit within TomTom’s Map Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of ~100 people in 5 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed navigation maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world.
Joining our team, you’ll continuously help innovate our navigation map offering, create a real-time closed- loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?