Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Creation of a customer specific solution architecture of the connected navigation systems through Requests for Information/Quotation (RFI/RFQ) engagements
- Define architecture of the systems to a level of detail that allows for agile product development
- Identify and solve technical and operational problems and address issues with impact at the Product Unit and TomTom wide
- Take technical decisions to fulfill the functional and non-functional requirements of automotive products.
- Impacts business direction by defining architectures enabling innovative products.
- Provide guidance to other software architects and senior developers in the team.
- Work closely together with many stakeholders within and outside of TomTom: customers, sales & marketing, product management, architects and engineers
What we expect from you
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science. Additional degree or experience in electrical engineering is welcomed
- 10-15 years relevant product development experience, 5-10 years’ experience in architecture.
- Knowledge of and experience with development of products for the automotive industry especially in the infotainment area with Agile development
- Experience in Android software development and / or other HMI frameworks (such as QNX, QT). Knowledge of iOS programming is a plus but not mandatory for this position
- Experience in C++ and Java programming
- Experience with Cloud Development
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people at every level; to prepare and give compelling presentation; to write clear and concise architecture documentation.
- Ability to explain difficult concepts in non-technical terms to facilitate sound business judgement and sound technical decision making
- Ability to negotiate with conflicting views to reach a common understanding
- Analytical thinking skills, ability to identify customer value and have commercial insight.
- Generalist, with ability to work on multi-disciplinary architectural problems; to balance between pragmatic and conceptual solutions.
- Fluent English is a must. Chinese, Japanese or Korean language skills is a plus.
What can you expect from us
- Freedom, fun, no hierarchy!
- We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion-euro company.
- Team outings, innovation days, indefinite contract, flexible benefits, minimum 15 annual leave days, collective health insurance, health check pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme and International relocation package (if applicable).
We have been making built-in car navigation since 2008, introduced the cloud connected car in 2010 and our 1st autonomous driving car in 2019. We are a major player in the area of highly automated driving. And, we are not slowing down. Join us!