You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
· Create and extend a server-side system that handles the logic for multiple TomTom web services
· Participate in big scale projects with modern technologies - Java 8, Apache Lucene, Cloud Computing, Jenkins Pipelines, Kibana & Elastic Search, Spring, Grafana
· Create and maintain high code quality and engineering standards- Pull Requests, Pair Programming, TDD, Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Error-Prone
· Decide what you will do and how, because- we are a software house company
· Keep your autonomy, however, we all learn from each other
What you’ll need
· Around 5 years of experience with Java (although we care more about skills)
· Good knowledge of Java
· Good knowledge of design patterns and clean code principles
· Experience in using Git and Maven
· Experience with CI
· Good knowledge of automated testing techniques and tools
· Good command of English both spoken and written
· We are looking for candidates with different level of seniority (from Regular to Expert)
What’s nice to have
· Experience or interest in the free-text search domain (knowledge of Lucene/Solr/Elasticsearch is a plus)
· Experience with cloud computing (AWS/Azure)
Meet your team We’re LNS (Location and Navigation Services), a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop our APIs for Map, Search, Traffic and Geofencing, as well as our Maps SDK for iOS, Android and Web. These products are integrated into other TomTom products and used by TomTom Automotive and Enterprise to provide businesses big and small with the technologies they need to build next-generation location experiences. On our team, you’ll play a role in taking us, and the world, forward.
Achieve more We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple since life is complex enough, and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?
Share this job
Apply to this Job
Your application for the Java Expert Software Engineer position was submitted successfully.
What is next?
Thanks for applying, we’ve received your application and are carefully reading through it. If you are a successful candidate we’ll contact you.
More challenge, more growth
Join our hackathons, developer days, leadership programs and more.
Unlock your creativity
We have an agile work culture, entrepreneurial spirit and involved founders.