You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
Director of Platform Engineering
At TomTom, we have software engineering in the core of our DNA. As the Director of Platform Engineering, you will be leading the buildout of a modern cloud-first DevOps platform, including a best-in-class developer productivity CI/CD toolchain, a multi-cloud reference architecture optimized for cloud-native workloads, and a cloud-optimized observability platform (based on SRE best practices). You are obsessed with the internal clients and the external customers, aspirational in your goals, yet humble and unassuming in your interactions. A technical problem solver at heart, you know how to leverage new technologies to solve transformational business challenges. You apply software engineering principles and practices to any problem presented to you. Your stakeholders want to work with you because you understand their needs and are there for them. Leadership is in your DNA, and seeing your customers, clients and your own team succeed is what motivates you.
- Sets and maintains the strategic direction and delivers on the shared foundation for TomTom’s cloud-based software engineering modernization and standardization
- Lead the engineering and operations of DevOps platform services, including a shared CI/CD toolchain, a reference architecture for data-intensive containerized runtime, and the observability platform
- Collaborate with product unit (line-of-business) engineering teams and leaders to align on strategy, build the right platform for their needs, and drive adoption
- Partner with key stakeholders (security, customer success, executive leaders) to develop solutions that governance, operational, and compliance needs
- Manage and grow a team of DevOps engineers, SREs and architecture
- Work with technology and solution providers to select technologies, suppliers and negotiate contractual and financial terms; manage a strategic relationship with a public cloud provider
- Remain deeply immersed in the world of cloud and cloud-native innovation, including both open source and the leading public cloud providers
- Lead the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practice, by building a team and integrating with the operational DevOps practices across TomTom
- Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation
- Demonstrates operational excellence in every move we make
- Multiple coding languages (Java, Scala, C++)
- CI/CD process at scale for multi-unit cloud-based product delivery
- CI/CD technologies including source code management (GitHub, BitBucket), pipelines (Jenkins), secrets management (Vault), artifacts (e.g. Artifactory), Azure DevOps
- Observability technologies including logging (Scalyr), monitoring (Prometheus), tracing
- Familiar with customer-facing incident, problem, change and release management (ServiceNow)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform) and configuration automation (Puppet, Ansible)
- Kubernetes platform engineering in multi-cloud context
- Serverless technologies
- Software-defined operating models and technologies, including IaaS, CaaS and PaaS
- Cloud-native architecture, technology, engineering and operations (CNCF)
- SRE best practices to achieve 99.99 availability
- Security controls for software engineering
General skills and experience:
- Minimum 12 years of experience in software engineering including operational responsibilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing teams (local and remote) and a proven track record of hiring and growing talent
- Operational track-record of delivering mission-critical services in a cloud-based online/digital context without compromising on developer velocity (99.95% and higher, core to the revenue of the company)
- Experience with managing external partners and suppliers
- Experience with managing budgets including planning
- Proven track record of thought leadership, influence and partnership
- Delivery track record of large-scale platform engineering and/or multi-year cross-functional transformational projects
- Best-in-class technical leadership, following a structured approach to drive align and seek consensus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- MSc in computer engineering or better highly desirable
- The role is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Meet your team
We’re IT Service Management (ITSM). As TomTom’s customer advocate for all operational needs, we manage processes such as Service Desk, Incident, Event, Problem, Change, Availability, Service Level, Service Management and Reporting. We also manage a range of platforms to ensure processes function efficiently, and take on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to drive the critical incident process. On our team, you’ll help ensure TomTom’s business operates efficiently and the services we provide are best delivered to our customers.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?