As the Program Manager Automotive in Japan, you will:
In this senior management position, you will lead the Japan program responsible for the integration, customization, and delivery of our location technology components to our business customers in the Japan automotive market.
We are a customer-focused program-centric organization, and the program manager is involved in the strategic relationship with the customers as well as with the internal product units supplying the components.
· Work with internal product units to deliver great products that meet and exceed end user expectations.
· Lead and develop a team of project managers, architects and product owners and set them up for growth.
· Accountable for the delivery of our products within program budget meeting automotive customer needs.
· Manage the customer relationship together with the account manager including customer escalations.
· Provide the program management deliverables during Quotation and other business development related activities.
What you’ll need:
· At least 5 years of professional experience in project management and product life-cycle management and have managed complex projects.
· At least 3 years of line management experience, preferably managing multi-cultural and remote teams
· You will have an engineering or computer science degree and/or extensive working experience in the domain and with the software development life-cycle.
· Empathizes with people from different cultural backgrounds and operating in various roles at several organizational levels.
· Experience in managing multi-disciplinary stakeholders across different locations.
· In-depth knowledge of trends in the automotive industry and the ability to translate that into consequences and possibilities for TomTom’s strategy.
· Willingness to stay current with the many innovations that take place in this domain and the asset developments in the various TomTom product units.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Willingness to travel internationally.
· Mastery of English and Japanese. Fluent in Chinese, Korean or any other major European language is a plus.
· Autonomy, proactiveness, commercial acumen, comfortable in operating with ambiguity and doer are essential skills.
Meet your team
We’re TomTom Automotive. We provide car manufacturers with the modular components they need to create competitive, tailor-made infotainment systems, and the mapping technology that is enabling self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors. With over 25 years of experience in delivering leading connected navigation software, traffic information and highly accurate digital maps, we are a trusted partner to the global automotive industry. On our team, your work will help shape the future of driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience during the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can be rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.