You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the technology evolution of the TomTom Platform, including data, analytics, productivity and tools
- Drive end-to-end architecture across product offerings and platform services
- Lead the execution of critical architectural priorities for a team of architects and senior technology leaders to develop mobile enabled, worldwide SaaS products
- Work with key stakeholders in multiple engineering groups to drive near and long-term architecture decisions
- Transform technology to support a Consumer Open Platform allowing 2nd and 3rd party developers to contribute apps and services
- Provide strategic and tactical direction in the areas of data management, analytics and visualization across our entire internal operations
- Guide and inspire the teams in data science best practices, and evangelize strategic use of data throughout the business
- Partner with Engineering Leader to identify areas across people, process and technology to dramatically improve velocity
- Be a key contributor to ensure the product is highly secure, available, scalable, resilient, and cloud ready
- Inspire innovation and deliver quality at speed across offerings and platform
- Influence cross-organizational leaders that can drive success for the individual development teams
- Communicate effectively across multiple organizations to ensure that the teams are completely aligned to the objectives and can do the job effectively
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smooth execution
What you’ll need:
- Architecture design and development of large scale platforms and application with simple solutions
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Strong service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required. Experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning, and operational excellence of production systems is a plus.
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge and experience on measuring a service from user experience angle.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- Strong leadership and team player.
- Strong skills on mentoring/growing junior people
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?
Online assessments and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
To read our story, visit www.tomtom.com
TomTom India Private Limited is one of India’s Best IT & IT- BPM Company to Work for - 2018. It is amongst 50 Best IT & IT-BPM companies to work for in India and amongst the Top 5 among Emerging organizations in IT & IT-BPM.