We are a customer focused program-centric organization, and the program manager is involved in the strategic relationship with the customers as well as with the internal product units supplying the components.
As the Japan Program Manager Automotive, you will:
· Work with internal product units to deliver great products that meet and exceed end user expectations.
· Lead and develop a team of project managers, architects and product owners and set them up for growth.
· Accountable for the delivery of our products within program budget meeting automotive customer needs.
· Manage the customer relationship together with the account manager including customer escalations.
· Provide the program management deliverables during Quotation and other business development related activities.
What you’ll need:
· You will have an engineering or computer science degree and/or extensive working experience in the domain and with the software development life-cycle.
· At least 5 years of professional experience in project management and product life-cycle management and have managed complex projects.
· At least 3 years of line management experience, preferably managing multi-cultural and remote teams
· Empathizes with people from different cultural backgrounds and operating in various roles at several organizational levels.
· Experience in managing multi-disciplinary stakeholders across different locations.
· In-depth knowledge of trends in the automotive industry and the ability to translate that into consequences and possibilities for TomTom’s strategy.
· Willingness to stay current with the many innovations that take place in this domain and the asset developments in the various TomTom product units.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Willingness to travel internationally.
· Mastery of English and Japanese. Chinese, Korean or any other major European language is a plus.
· Autonomy, pro activeness, commercial acumen, comfortable in operating with ambiguity and doer are essential skills.