TomTom today announces the availability of its latest map products for the Asia Pacific region, delivering new coverage and features for automotive, enterprise and government customers. TomTom maps cover 51 countries and territories throughout Asia Pacific, with navigable coverage for 15 countries across 8 million kilometres of roads.
“Offering the highest quality maps is TomTom’s mission; the Asia Pacific region is no exception, evidenced by fully attributed coverage for China, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore and Brunei,” said Charles Cautley, Managing Director of TomTom Licensing. “Upgrading our mobile mapping vans in Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand with the latest technology is further enabling TomTom to ensure our products feature the best attribution possible to support the navigation, geocoding, and other location needs of all our customers.”
Some highlights of the latest product release for the Asia Pacific region include:
· The introduction of Voice Maps in Thai and Bahasa Indonesian; the first Voice Maps product supporting tonal languages where different tones distinguish different meanings of a word.
· Visualization enhanced with additional 3D Landmarks for important buildings, 2D building footprints and Junction Views for complex intersections throughout the region.
· The debut of lane and signpost information added in inner-city areas of central Bangkok, enabling easier, more efficient and safer routing.
· The street network in over 100 cities in India and nearly 83,000 km in China upgraded to full attribution, supporting the most demanding navigation applications.
· Continuous coverage and content expansion and improvements in Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Viet Nam.
· The addition of nearly 1 million Address Points throughout the region to support accurate geocoding and navigation.
To learn more about TomTom products and our expertise in the Asia Pacific region, visit booth number BJ3-07 at the CommunicAsia event at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
This product might not be compatible with your TomTom device. More info link