TomTom PLUS Services
Points of Interest
Install using TomTom HOME (recommended)
- Turn on your device and connect it to your computer.
- Start TomTom HOME. For more information about HOME click here
- If you are connected to the internet and logged in with your MyTomTom account, HOME will automatically start looking for new updates.
- If you are not logged in, click the "Login" button (lower left corner) in TomTom HOME and enter your TomTom username and password.
- Select the content you want to download and follow the on screen instructions.
Installation instructions (Mobile 5 and navigator 5)
- Connect your device to your computer.
- From your list of POI (above), select the file you want to download.
- Open the downloaded ZIP-file and copy the contents to the map folder of your TomTom application.
- If you have more than one map, please make sure to put the files in the folder of the area covered by the POI set.
- If your POI file is an update of a file that’s already on your device, when asked, please confirm to overwrite the previous version of the file.
- Now you can disconnect your device from your computer.
- Finally, to make your POI visible on the map, go to ‘Manage POI’ in your TomTom application and choose ‘Enable/Disable POI’.
Some important notes
- POI's are country specific so they should always be used together with a map that contains that country (or city).
- Please make sure to have sufficient storage space left on your device/SD-card. If your memory is full, please delete some unused voices or poi-sets and try to download or copy again.
- We advise you to always make a backup of your SD-card before adding or deleting any files or folders.