Get the most out of your maps
Shop for a map
Map Update Service & Lifetime Map Updates*
Roads change, but with Lifetime Map Updates your map will always be up to date. Start fresh every few months by downloading a new edition of the industry's most accurate and up-to-date map.
Updated versions include verified Map Share interim updates plus official road change updates, including those altered or added for new buildings, roads and communities. Only TomTom has the capacity to cover millions of miles and make the changes required to maintain our reputation as the leader in accurate navigation. New editions of the TomTom base map are issued every three months. What map option is best for me? Map Update Service: 1 Year **
With 4 new map releases each year, TomTom ensures you reach your destination. For less than the the price of a single map, you can have updated maps all year.
Single Map Download
If you're not the type to continually update things in your life and just want a one-time refresh before a big vacation or road trip, then the single map download is what you need. Choose from dozens of countries around the world.
Map Update Service: Lifetime*
With Lifetime Map Updates your map will always be up to date. Start fresh every few months by downloading a new edition of the industry's most accurate map. New editions are issued every four months. This option provides you with the best value per map.
Terms and Conditions
* Map Update Service: Lifetime
- You receive up to four non-transferable map data updates per year until the product's useful life expires or TomTom no longer receives map updates from its suppliers, whichever is shorter.
- Details and terms at www.tomtom.com/legal
** Map Update Service: 1yr
- starts with the latest map, so you may have to upgrade your map at a discounted price
- Actual final pricing will vary and will be determined based on the age of the map currently on your device and the maps included in the service type you choose.
- For pricing options and to purchase you will need to install TomTom HOME desktop software. Click here for hardware requirements and to download the installation software
Once purchased, Map Update Service cannot be transferred to another TomTom GPS device. Before you buy a map When purchasing your new map:
Depending on the map you purchase, additional memory (e.g. an empty SD card) may be needed. Some devices do not have a SD slot. If you order a map download, a broadband internet connection is required. For more information see: How long does it take to download a map?
When downloading a new map:
- Be sure that you are running the latest version of TomTom HOME (Help > Check for HOME Update).
- If you don't have HOME installed:
- Update the application on your device when prompted. If you do not accept the software update it is likely that your device will not recognize the new map.
- We recommend that you make a backup of your navigation device.
- For more details about this and for full download instructions, see: Downloading and installing maps.