TomTom Launches New and Innovative XL 350 and XXL 550 Range of Navigation Devices
May 11 2010
Concord, MA – May 10, 2010 – TomTom, the world’s leading provider of location and navigation solutions, today announces the TomTom XL 350 and XXL 550 series, the latest models in the company’s award-winning portable navigation product line. This range includes the new TomTom EasyMenu™, a sleek display and all the quality navigation features from TomTom that consumers rely on to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
All TomTom products in the XL 350 and XXL 550 range include TomTom’s new EasyMenu user interface, which offers sharp graphics and a simple touchscreen menu that provides quick access to search tools so that users can get started towards their destination even faster. All products also include TomTom’s proprietary IQ Routes™ Technology and TomTom Map Share™. IQ Routes offers the most efficient routing for any time of day or day of week. Map Share allows users to make map improvements on their device and share these improvements with the TomTom community.
“These new products combine some of the most advanced and acclaimed TomTom features in an easy-to-use format and further deliver on our commitment to providing the most intelligent navigation products in the market,” said Tom Murray, senior vice president of market development at TomTom, Inc. “With the introduction of the XL 350 and XXL 550 range, we empower our users with the accuracy of TomTom’s most up-to-date maps and intelligent routing information that helps them avoid traffic delays and other hassles on the road.”
Select devices across the new range of XL 350 and XXL 550 devices include Lifetime Maps and/or Lifetime Traffic Updates:
- Lifetime Map Updates feature allows users to keep their maps fresh by downloading, every few months, the industry's most accurate and up-to-date maps.
- The maps include one million more miles than competing maps and, in certified tests, rate highest in terms of quality and reliability. Because an average of 18% of road information changes each year, maps are continually refreshed to include improvements across the entire road network and updates to points of interest (POIs). With Lifetime Map Updates, consumers always have access to the best maps available.
- Lifetime Map Updates are available on XL 350M, XL 350TM, XXL 550M and XXL 550TM devices.
- Lifetime Traffic Updates feature offers real-time insight into current traffic conditions to help drivers avoid delays.
- The TomTom device receives the latest, constantly-updated traffic information; recalculates total drive time; and suggests more efficient alternate routes if they are available.
- Combined with TomTom IQ Routes, the real-time traffic information via Lifetime Traffic Updates, ensures the smartest and fastest routing possible.
- Lifetime Traffic Updates are available on XL 350T, XL 350TM, XXL 550T, XXL 550TM devices.
Additional features on all devices include:
• Maps: preloaded premium maps of the US/Canada/Mexico from Tele Atlas
• MapShare on demand updates
• IQ Routes
• POIs: over 7 million points of interest
• Advanced Lane Guidance
The new series of products also includes the XL 350 4.3" model and the XXL 550 5.0" model.
Availability and Price
The X50 products will be available in late May and prices will begin at $169 for the 4.3”, and $199 for the 5.0”. Lifetime Maps and Lifetime Traffic Updates are each available for an additional $30.00.
For Public Relations, please contact:
Media Relations, TomTom
About TomTom N.V.
TomTom N.V. (AEX: TOM2) is the world’s leading provider of location and navigation solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands it has over 3,000 employees worldwide. More than 40 million people use its solutions every day, in the form of dedicated portable navigation devices (PNDs), in-dash car systems or tracking and tracing solutions for fleet management. In addition, hundreds of millions of people use TomTom’s digital maps on the internet or mobile phones.
In 2009, TomTom reported €1.5 billion in revenues and a €340 million net cash flow from operating activities. More information about TomTom can be found at www.TomTom.com.
If you purchase a TomTom Lifetime Traffic subscription, you will receive non-transferable traffic data for one (1) compatible TomTom product until the product’s useful life expires or TomTom no longer receives traffic updates from its suppliers, whichever is shorter. Useful life means the period of time that your TomTom product is serviceable and/or supportable by TomTom, including but not limited to, your TomTom product having sufficient memory or software to accept updates to the original traffic data. See www.tomtom.com for more information.