Apr 15 2010
Football fans who buy a TomTom GO LIVE will get their money back if England wins the final of this summer’s hottest football tournament
London, April 2010 – Now the qualification phase is over, TomTom has joined in with the summer world football celebrations by announcing a promotion especially for English supporters. Those who buy a GO550, GO750 and GO950 in the run-up to the tournament will be able to claim the full cost of the device back, should England win the final.
“If England wins, participating fans will have even more reason to celebrate as they will essentially get our best device for free”, said Damian Woodward, VP sales and marketing at TomTom. “We’re tapping into the excitement that this tournament typically generates, providing fans with a unique way to show faith in their team.”
The special football promotion is running for an eight-week period from 15 April to 8 June 2010 – a few days before the tournament starts.
South African maps are also available to download from http://www.tomtom.com costing £39.95 including detail needed to navigate the event, such as road closures around major matches, stadium entrance gates, ‘Fan Park’ points and drop-off areas.
The map also includes the 3-D display of more than 50 landmarks including Loftus Versveld, Coca-Cola Park (Ellis Park) and Soccer City
Just as this tournament represents the best that football has to offer, so the top-of-the-range GOX50 devices deliver an ultimate navigation package in today’s market, including TomTom’s HD Traffic.
TomTom HD Traffic™ gives drivers the fastest way around the traffic in their own country and abroad, with the most detailed and up-to-date traffic information for their route. It gives them the widest, most detailed and most accurate traffic coverage so they arrive on time and stress free. The TomTom GO LIVE devices also provide information on the location of both fixed and mobile speed cameras.
The device uses premium routing technology, like IQ Routes™, so drivers get the knowledge of millions in their route to get to their destination quickly. It also comes with hands-free calling, so drivers can make and answer phone calls safely while driving, making them in control and in touch.
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
Promotion terms and conditions
- This promotion is available to TomTom customers in the following participating countries: Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, South Africa and Spain.
- Qualifying devices must be bought over an eight-week period between 15 April and 8 June 2010.
- Customers need to register their purchase of qualifying TomTom products and answer three multiple choice questions between 15 April and midnight 10 June at http://www.tomtom.com/football2010.
- Customers who buy their TomTom device in the country that subsequently wins the tournament must make their claim by 31 July 2010.
- Customers will receive their refund via BACS within 28 days.
- For full terms and conditions, see http://www.tomtom.com/football2010.
GO550, GO750 and GO950 features include:
- LIVE Services, including HD Traffic™, Safety Alerts, Fuel Prices, Local Search with Google, LIVE QuickGPSfix™ and Weather
- IQ Routes™
- Hands-free calling
- Voice command and control
- Active dock
- Advanced lane guidance
- Enhanced Positioning Technology
- Maps of Europe, US & Canada