XL navigation just got even better
Mar 30 2010
XL navigation just got even betterTomTom launches the new XL IQ Routes™ edition2, for cutting-edge navigation in a user-friendly package London, 30 March 2010 – TomTom has made effortless navigation even more sophisticated with the new XL IQ Routes™ edition2. This successor to the award-winning TomTom XL IQ Routes™ edition sports a new simplified menu, along with features such as advanced lane guidance, spoken street names, Map Share™ and of course IQ Routes™. The XL IQ Routes™ edition2 comes with a whole range of relevant features. To calculate the optimum route, TomTom’s innovative IQ Routes™ technology uses real historic car speed measurements from the roads, plus analysis of the time and day of travel. This can save time, as well as money and fuel. Via the large 11cm (4.3”) touch screen drivers can access the new simplified start menu, which now features just two options – ‘Plan route’ or ‘Browse map’. This makes it even easier to get going on the road. Advanced lane guidance is also included, making light work of particularly complex junctions. This feature displays all of the lanes on the device, showing clearly which one drivers should take – and helping to make navigation simpler and even more effortless. The spoken street names feature, meanwhile, also helps drivers keep their eyes on the road as the name of the turning they need is spoken out loud. TomTom also helps drivers navigate with the best quality map at all times. If a new map has been released within 30 days of first using their device, TomTom’s latest map guarantee lets drivers download it once for free via TomTom HOME. And with built-in Map Share™ technology, drivers can make corrections to their map and download free corrections made by millions of other drivers in the TomTom community. Importantly, the new XL IQ Routes™ edition2 is also fully compatible with TomTom’s standard RDS-TMC Traffic service*, which transmits traffic information to the device and then plans an alternative route when one is available. Availability and pricing
The TomTom XL IQ Routes™ edition2 will be available from beginning of April with a recommended retail price of £139 for UK & Ireland and £159 for Western Europe. NOTES TO EDITORS
TomTom XL IQ Routes™ edition2 features include:
Easy to use
• Spoken street names** – reads street names out loud, helping drivers to keep their eyes on the road.
• Plug & Go – the device requires no installation. Simply plug in and tap the touch screen.
• Simplified menu – features two simple options: ‘Plan route’ and ‘Browse map’.
• Loud and clear voice instructions. Maps and best routing
• RDS-TMC Traffic compatibility* – transmits traffic information to the driver’s device, including a description of the situation, the location, the direction of traffic affected, the estimated delay and an alternative route.
• Latest map guarantee – ensures drivers start driving with the latest map. If a new map for the device is released within 30 days of first use, drivers can download it once for free via TomTom HOME.
• Map Share technology – allows drivers to make changes to their own map and benefit from thousands of corrections made by TomTom users every day, free of charge.
• IQ Routes technology – uses actual road speed data gathered over many years to calculate the fastest route anywhere and at any time of day. Enhanced safety
• Advanced lane guidance – gives drivers extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
• Realistic visual instructions – replicates road signs, making them easier to follow.
• Help me! menu – provides direct access to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers. * Requires RDS-TMC Traffic Receive accessory and RDS-TMC subscription, sold separately.
** Spoken street names is not available in Nordics and Eastern Europe.