TomTom car kit for iPhone now available in the US
Oct 27 2009
~ Navigate and call safely with TomTom car kit for iPhone ~
Concord, MA, October 27, 2009 – TomTom announces that its TomTom car kit for iPhone can be purchased on the TomTom web store and Apple online store starting today*.
“The TomTom car kit for iPhone was designed with safety and quality in mind to offer iPhone users the best in-car experience,” said Benoit Simeray, vice president mobile on-board at TomTom. “The car kit offers cutting-edge features which allow the most optimized driving and navigation experience with iPhone.”
TomTom car kit for iPhone key features
The TomTom car kit for iPhone provides a safe driving experience while enhancing your in-car navigation journey.
- Secure mount with unique designdocks iPhone to the desired position on the car windshield or dashboard, using a twist-and-lock motion
- Adjustable mount securely rotates iPhone to either portrait or landscape mode for optimal positioning and widescreen route display
- Easily removed with one twist upon arrival at a destination
Enhanced GPS performance
- Built-in GPS receiver reduces the chance of signal drop in areas where GPS reception is limited, such as cities with tall buildings or forested areas
- Significantly improved positioning accuracy in all areas
Built-in loud speaker and microphone
- Clear voice instructions through the built-in speaker, so users can hear directions loud and clear
- Integrated microphone and speaker allowing hands-free calling while driving
- Charges iPhone while on the go, so it stays fully charged
- Plays your iPhone music through the AUX OUT port over your car stereo**.
Notes for editors
Compatible with iPhone 3G and 3GS.
The TomTom application is not included in the car kit.
Combined use of the TomTom app and the TomTom car kit for iPhone will provide you PND-class navigation experience, however both work well independently.
Requires an iPhone model running apple OS 3.0 or later version.
* The TomTom car kit for iPhone is available in the US, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, the Netherlands, the UK, Sweden and Switzerland.
** Requires AUX IN car stereo and optional audio cable
– END –
For Public Relations please contact:
Tel: (978) 405-1840
For Investor Relations please contact:
+31 20 7 575 119
TomTom NV (AEX: TOM2) is the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps. TomTom NV has over 3,300 employees working in four business units – TomTom, Tele Atlas, AUTO and WORK.
TomTom's products are developed with an emphasis on innovation, quality, ease of use, safety and value. TomTom's products include all-in-one navigation devices which enable customers to navigate right out of the box; these are the award-winning TomTom GO family, the TomTom XL and TomTom ONE ranges and the TomTom RIDER. Additionally, independent research proves that TomTom products have a significant positive effect on driving and road safety.
Tele Atlas delivers the digital maps and dynamic content that power some of the world’s most essential navigation and location-based services (LBS). Through a combination of its own products and partnerships, Tele Atlas offers digital map coverage of more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. The AUTO business unit develops and sells navigation systems and services to car manufacturers and OEMs. WORK combines industry leading communication and smart navigation technology with leading edge tracking and tracing expertise.TomTom NV was founded in 1991 in Amsterdam and has offices in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. TomTom is listed at Euronext Amsterdam in The Netherlands. For more information, go to www.tomtom.com.