TomTom app for iPhone now available in Brazil and Mexico
Oct 23 2009
~ Award-winning turn-by-turn navigation software now available on the App Store ~
Concord, MA, October 23 2009 – TomTom announces that the TomTom app for iPhone navigation application can be purchased on the App Store starting today.
“With the TomTom app for iPhone, millions of iPhone users can now benefit from the same easy-to-use and intuitive interface, turn-by-turn spoken navigation and unique routing technology that our 30 million portable navigation device users rely on every day,” said Elias Kabeche, Area Director Latin America for TomTom. “As the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, TomTom is the most natural fit for an advanced navigation application on the iPhone.”
The TomTom app for iPhone 3G and 3GS users includes maps of Brazil and Mexico from
Tele Atlas, and is available to download through http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app.
TomTom app for iPhone key features
Additional TomTom app for iPhone features include:
Best routing and maps
- Navigation software including fast route planning and clear voice instructions
- Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed
- Route demo or map of route when trip planning
- Latest Tele Atlas maps of Brazil and Mexico
Easy to use and personalize
- User interface fully optimized with iPhone
- Multiple display options including landscape and portrait navigation view
- Night and day color mode for optimized screen visibility in varying light conditions
- User interface available in 18 languages
- Change view settings (2D or 3D map display)
- Easy to download from iTunes App Store
Complete phone and map integration
- Multi-touch gestures such as tap, swipe, pinch and zoom to operate the application and zoom in and out of the map
- Navigation to contacts in address book
- Points-of-interest search and call capabilities from iPhone
Pricing and Availability
Apple will make regional versions of the TomTom app for iPhone for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users available today on http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app.
- The TomTom app for iPhone is available for USD $79.99 in Brazil and USD $59.99 in Mexico.
Requirements for use on the iPhone 3G or 3GS include phone installation of OS3.0 and installation of iTunes on the PC or Mac.
 Included user interface languages: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Danish, English UK, English US, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese BR, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish LA, Swedish and Turkish.
- END -
- For more information on the TomTom app for iPhone go to: http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app
- Watch the TomTom for iPhone demonstration at Apple’s WWDC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwq2_HGJ1A
- Digital press materials: for digital press materials, photos and videos, visit the Press Extranet: http://extranet.tomtom.com. Username: uspress-tt, password: TomTom
For Public Relations please contact:
Tel: (978) 405-1840
For Investor Relations please contact:
+31 20 7 575 119
TomTom NV (AEX: TOM2) is the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps. TomTom NV has over 3,300 employees working in four business units – TomTom, Tele Atlas, AUTO and WORK.
TomTom's products are developed with an emphasis on innovation, quality, ease of use, safety and value. TomTom's products include all-in-one navigation devices which enable customers to navigate right out of the box; these are the award-winning TomTom GO family, the TomTom XL and TomTom ONE ranges and the TomTom RIDER. Additionally, independent research proves that TomTom products have a significant positive effect on driving and road safety.
Tele Atlas delivers the digital maps and dynamic content that power some of the world’s most essential navigation and location-based services (LBS). Through a combination of its own products and partnerships, Tele Atlas offers digital map coverage of more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. The AUTO business unit develops and sells navigation systems and services to car manufacturers and OEMs. WORK combines industry leading communication and smart navigation technology with leading edge tracking and tracing expertise.
TomTom NV was founded in 1991 in Amsterdam and has offices in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. TomTom is listed at Euronext Amsterdam in The Netherlands. For more information, go to www.tomtom.com.