TomTom app for iPhone now available
Aug 17 2009
TomTom app for iPhone now available
~ Award-winning turn-by-turn navigation software, including superior routing with IQ Routes™, now available in Apple’s App Store ~
Sydney, 17th August 2009 – TomTom announces that the TomTom for iPhone navigation application can be purchased in the Apple iTunes App Store starting today.
The TomTom app for iPhone 3G and 3GS users includes a map of Australia, and is available to download through http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app for $99.99.
“With TomTom for iPhone, millions of iPhone users can now benefit from the same easy-to-use and intuitive interface, turn-by-turn spoken navigation and unique routing technology that our 30 million portable navigation device users rely on every day,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom. “As the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, TomTom is the most natural fit for an advanced navigation application on the iPhone.”
TomTom app for iPhone key features
TomTom app for iPhone includes the exclusive IQ Routes™ technology. Instead of using travel time assumptions, IQ Routes bases its routes on the actual experience of millions of TomTom drivers to calculate the fastest route and generate the most accurate arrival times in the industry. TomTom IQ Routes empowers drivers to reach their destination faster up to 35% of the time.
Furthermore, the TomTom app for iPhone comes with an extensive safety camera database covering speed and red light cameras across Australia. This means drivers are informed ahead of time about any safety cameras on their route, encouraging road safety, while saving money on fines at the same time.
Additional TomTom app for iPhone features include:
Best routing and maps
- • Navigation software including fast route planning and clear voice instructions
• Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed
• Route demo or map of route when trip planning
• Choice of the latest maps for Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada or Western Europe.
Easy to use and personalize
- • User interface fully optimised with iPhone.
• Multiple display options including landscape and portrait navigation view
• Night and day color mode for optimised screen visibility in varying light conditions
• User interface available in 18 languages2
• Change view settings (2D or 3D map display)
• Easy to download from iTunes App Store
Complete phone and map integration
- • Multi-touch gestures such as tap, swipe, pinch and zoom to operate the application and zoom in and out of the map
• Navigation to contacts in address book
• Points-of-interest search and call capabilities from iPhone
Pricing and Availability
TomTom app for iPhone
The TomTom app for iPhone for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS is available immediately from the Apple App Store: http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app.
- • The TomTom app for iPhone including map of Australia is available for $99.99.
• The TomTom app for iPhone including map of New Zealand is available for $114.99.
• The TomTom app for iPhone including map of Western Europe is available for $169.99
• The TomTom app for iPhone including map of USA is available for $119.99.
Compatibility with iPod touch and other iPhone models coming soon.
Requirements for use on the iPhone 3G or 3GS include phone installation of OS3.0 and installation of iTunes on the PC or Mac.
Ad 1. About TomTom IQ Routes™
TomTom IQ Routes applies the historical travel time experience of millions of drivers to calculate the best route possible. The technology is based on historical speed measurements for every time of day, one for every road segment, from large motorways to small local roads. In up to 35% of all cases, the use of IQ Routes results in driving a faster route, saving significant travel time as well as money and fuel.
Ad 2. Included user interface languages: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Danish, English UK, English US, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese BR, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish LA, Swedish and Turkish.
- END -
For further information, please contact:
Hill & Knowlton,
Tel: 02 9286 1290
- • For more information on the TomTom app for iPhone go to: http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app
• Watch the TomTom for iPhone demonstration at Apple’s WWDC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwq2_HGJ1A
• Digital press materials: for digital press materials, photos and videos, visit the Press Extranet:http://extranet.tomtom.com. Username: press-tt, password: TomTom
• Follow and share with TomTom on:
- Twitter: ,http://twitter.com/tomtom - Youtube: http://youtube.com/tomtomofficial