TomTom Introduces New High-End TomTom GO 920 Range in North America
Aug 30 2007
TomTom Introduces New High-End TomTom GO 920 Range in North America
~ Premium TomTom GO 920 Range comes complete with most extensive maps of Europe and North America, and comes complete with Voice Prompted Address Entry and Enhanced Positioning Technology ~
Concord, MA – August 30, 2007 – TomTom, the world’s largest portable navigation solutions provider, today revealed its new high-end flagship models, the TomTom GO 920 and TomTom GO 920T. The devices come preinstalled with complete maps of the United States, Canada and Europe* on the 4 GB of internal memory. The range includes the new Enhanced Positioning Technology for a more continuous navigation experience and comes complete with voice prompted address entry. The GO 920 is compatible with an RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver** to receive up-to-date traffic information. The GO 920T includes the RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver in the box and a one year traffic subscription.
“The new flagship TomTom GO 920 range offers the best in satellite navigation,” said Jocelyn Vigreux, President of TomTom Inc. “Pre-installed maps of multiple continents and innovative technologies such as voice prompted address entry, the new Enhanced Positioning Technology, TomTom Map Share™ and plug & play traffic information, offer outstanding quality and performance. The TomTom GO 920 range is the most advanced navigation solution on the market today.”
Most complete set of maps
The new TomTom GO 920 range offers the most-up-to-date maps of the United States and Canada and a seamless map of 41 countries in both Western and Central Europe preinstalled on the 4 GB internal memory of the device. This makes the TomTom GO 920 the personal navigation device with the most complete set of pre-installed maps available in TomTom’s entire portfolio.
The TomTom GO 920 range allows users to receive up-to-date traffic information via the RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver or through TomTom’s own subscription-based traffic service. The RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver and a one year subscription is included in the box in the GO 920T model. The traffic receiver is sold as a separate accessory for the GO 920 model.
Voice Prompted Address Entry
Voice prompted address entry gives users the option to speak the address to which they want to drive. Users can simply speak the city, street name and address number they would like to travel to, and the device will automatically calculate the route.
Best navigation with TomTom Map Share™ and Enhanced Positioning Technology
The TomTom GO 920 range comes with the latest version of TomTom’s award-winning software, and includes TomTom Map Share™ technology. TomTom Map Share™ enables users to make easy changes to the map and to share map corrections with other TomTom customers so that users always have the most up-to-date maps available.
TomTom’s new Enhanced Positioning Technology uses movement and gravity sensors to calculate drivers’ positions when GPS signals are unavailable. TomTom GO 920 range users will have a much more continuous navigation experience as the Enhanced Positioning Technology ensures the device continues to navigate to its destination, even in circumstances where there may not be a direct line-of-sight connection to a satellite (for example, when driving in a city with tall buildings, underpasses or bridges).
The TomTom GO 920 range comes with an improved Bluetooth™ remote control. The remote control enables drivers to operate the device safely from anywhere in the car without having to reach over to the device.
Extensive set of features
TomTom GO 920 range replaces the current TomTom GO 910/510 and offers the best in navigation and performance. The TomTom GO 920 comes preinstalled with the latest navigation software and features, such as:
- Large 4.3 inch touchscreen with high quality graphics, an intuitive user interface and building footprints to view drivers’ surroundings better;
- TomTom Map Share™ Technology: that allows users to instantly correct maps, share changes with other users, and benefit from improvements made by other users;
- TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver to give users the most-up-to-date traffic information (RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver and one year traffic subscription come in the GO 920T box);
- Voice Prompted Address Entry: voice prompted address entry to easily direct drivers to millions of cities and street names;
- Enhanced hands-free kit with high-quality sound system to allow drivers to keep their eyes firmly on the road while making phone calls in the car;
- Extensive safety features including ‘Help Me’ menu, to give drivers direct access to emergency services and roadside assistance;
- Most-up-to-date traffic information through TomTom’s Traffic subscription or through the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver;
- Built-in FM Transmitter to play music and navigation instructions over the car stereo;
- Clear voice instructions and text-to-speech, to enable street names, places, traffic alerts and text messages to be read aloud as part of the spoken instructions;
- New smart & fun extras to personalize users’ devices, including recording your own driving instructions, view documents, exchange positions via SMS and Bluetooth™ wireless technology and select a favorite car icon on the screen;
- TomTom desk dock to easily charge the TomTom GO 920 range and connect to a computer and TomTom HOME, TomTom’s free software application;
- Free TomTom HOME software to access ready to use online services such as Traffic and Weather;
- Full range of accessories to match the design and finish of the new GO range, including a leather carry case, a soft touch carry case, iPod cable and a home charger.
Pricing and Availability
The new TomTom GO 920 range will be available in Q4 2007 for $599.95 (GO 920) and $699.95 (GO 920T).
Product technical specifications
- 4.3” widescreen 16:9 format LCD (WQVGA: 480*272 pixels)
- CPU 400 MHz, 64MB RAM
- 4GB internal flash memory
- SD card slot
- High sensitivity GPS receiver
- Compatible with RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver and TomTom’s subscription based traffic service
- Integrated FM Transmitter
- Lithium-polymer battery (up to 5 hours operation)
- Optimized integrated microphone and speaker for high quality hands-free functionality
- Dimensions: 3.3 inches x 4.6 inches x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 7.8 ounces
TomTom North America Product Portfolio
|TomTom GO 920/920T||• Listed Above
|TomTom GO 720||• Free instant maps updates with TomTom MapShare™
• 4.3 inch touchscreen
• Spoken street names
• ‘Help Me’ safety feature
• Hands-free calling
• Real-time traffic
|TomTom ONE XL||• Pocket-sized design
• Maps of US and Canada preloaded
• World’s #1 selling GPS device
|TomTom ONE 3rd Edition||• TomTom MapShare™
• HELP ME features
• RDS-TMC compatible
|TomTom RIDER 2nd Edition||• Motorcycle GPS||$699.95|
* Countries included in the map of North America and Europe are:
- Maps of North America: USA, Canada, Guam
- Detailed coverage in Eastern and Western Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Spain Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Spain (inc. Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Vatican City, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Russia Federation
- Road Connector coverage in Central Europe: Coverage of major roads to allow guided navigation from city to city and the borders of neighboring counties: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine.
** The RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver is available as an accessory for $129.95 at www.tomtom.com
- END -
For more information please contact:
Karen CK Drake, TomTom Inc.
Meredith Kish, Hill & Knowlton
TomTom NV is the world’s largest navigation solution provider. TomTom's products are developed with an emphasis on innovation, quality, ease of use, safety and value. TomTom's products include all-in-one navigation devices which enable customers to navigate right out of the box; these are the award-winning TomTom GO family, the TomTom ONE XL and TomTom ONE ranges and the TomTom RIDER. Additionally, independent research proves that TomTom products have a significant positive effect on driving and road safety. TomTom offers a portfolio of content and services for TomTom’s navigation products, which are easily available through TomTom HOME. TomTom also provides navigation software products that integrate with third party devices; the TomTom NAVIGATOR software for PDAs and smartphones. TomTom WORK combines industry leading communication and smart navigation technology with leading edge tracking and tracing expertise. TomTom’s products are sold through a network of leading retailers in 30 countries and online. TomTom was founded in 1991 in Amsterdam and has offices in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. TomTom is listed at Euronext, Amsterdam Stock Exchange in The Netherlands. For more information, go to http://www.tomtom.com.