TomTom Introduces New High-End Model: TomTom GO 920 T
Aug 30 2007
TomTom Introduces New High-End Model: TomTom GO 920 T
~ Premium TomTom GO 920 T features most extensive map of Europe and North America and comes complete with TomTom’s latest award-winning software and Enhanced Positioning Technology ~
Amsterdam, 30 August 2007 - TomTom, the world’s largest portable navigation solutions provider, today reveals its new flagship model, the TomTom GO 920 T. It comes preinstalled with
complete maps of Europe* and USA & Canada on the 4 GB internal memory. The GO 920 T includes the new Enhanced Positioning Technology which results in a more continuous navigation experience. An RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver to receive up-to-date traffic information is included in the box. The TomTom GO 920 T features a slim high quality design with soft-touch finish, and a new metallic colour scheme.
“The new flagship TomTom GO 920 T offers the best in satellite navigation,” says Harold Goddijn, chief executive officer at TomTom. “Pre-installed maps of multiple continents combined with innovative technologies such as the new Enhanced Positioning Technology, TomTom Map Share™ and plug & play traffic information offer outstanding quality and performance. The TomTom GO 920 T is the most advanced navigation solution on the market today.”
Most complete set of maps
The new TomTom GO 920 T offers a seamless map of 41 countries in both Western and Central Europe and the most-up-to-date maps of USA and Canada preinstalled on the 4 GB internal memory of the device. This makes the TomTom GO 920 T the personal navigation device with the most complete set of pre-installed maps available in TomTom’s entire navigation solution portfolio.
Best navigation with Enhanced Positioning Technology
TomTom’s new Enhanced Positioning Technology uses movement and gravity sensors to calculate drivers’ positions when GPS signals are unavailable.
TomTom GO 920 T users will have a much more continuous navigation experience as the Enhanced Positioning Technology ensures the device continues to navigate to its destination, even in circumstances where there may not be a direct line-of-sight connection to a satellite. For example, when driving in a city with tall buildings, underpasses or bridges.
In addition, the TomTom GO 920 T comes with the latest version of TomTom’s award winning software and all the features of the current TomTom GO 720 and TomTom GO 520. This includes TomTom Map Share™ Technology to make easy changes to the map and to share map corrections with other TomTom customers so that users always have the most up-to-date maps available.
An RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver to receive up-to-date traffic information is also included in the box.
The TomTom GO 920 T comes with an improved Bluetooth™ remote control that is the same colour as the device. This way drivers can operate their device safely from anywhere in the car without having to reach to touch the screen.
Extensive set of features
TomTom GO 920 T replaces the current TomTom GO 910 and offers the best in navigation and performance. On top of all new and exclusive features that the TomTom GO 920 T includes, the model comes preinstalled with the latest navigation software and features, such as:
- Large 4.3 inch touch screen with high quality graphics, an intuitive user interface and building footprints for a better overview of drivers’ surroundings;- TomTom Map Share™ Technology: allowing users to instantly correct maps, share changes with other users, and benefit from improvements made by other users;
- TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver to give users the most-up-to-date traffic information (RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver comes in the box) - Speech recognition: voice address input to easily direct drivers to millions of cities and street names;
- Enhanced hands-free kit with high quality sound system to allow drivers to keep their eyes firmly on the road whilst making phone calls in the car; - Extensive safety features including ‘Help Me’ menu to give drivers direct access to emergency services and roadside assistance; - Most-up-to-date traffic information through TomTom’s Traffic subscription or through the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver - Built-in FM Transmitter to play music and navigation instructions over the car stereo; - Clear voice instructions and text-to-speech, to enable street names, places, traffic alerts and SMS messages to be read aloud as part of the spoken instructions; - New smart & fun extras to personalize users’ devices, including recording your own driving instructions, view documents, exchange positions via SMS and Bluetooth™ wireless technology and select a favourite car icon on the screen; - TomTom desk dock to easily charge the TomTom GO 920 T and connect to a computer and TomTom HOME, TomTom’s free software application; - Free TomTom HOME software to access ready to use online services such as Safety Cameras, Traffic and Weather; - Full range of accessories to match the design and finish of the new GO range, including a leather carry case, a soft touch carry case, iPod cable and a home charger.
The new TomTom GO 920 T will be available in the last quarter of 2007.
TomTom offers a wide range of devices to suit every driver’s need. These include:
- TomTom GO 720: pre-installed with TomTom’s award winning navigation software, innovative new features such as Map Share™, high quality hands free calling and most up-to-date door-to-door map of Western Europe with maximum detail stored on the internal memory.
- TomTom GO 520: pre-installed with TomTom’s award winning navigation software, innovative new features such as Map Share™, high quality hands free calling and with door-to-door maps of the UK & ROI on the internal memory.
- TomTom ONE XL Europe: pre-installed maps for Western Europe on 1 GB hard disk, extra large 4.3 inch touch screen, sleek design, traffic ready for use of the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver.
- TomTom ONE XL Regional: pre-installed maps for the UK & ROI on a SD Card, extra large 4.3 inch touch screen, sleek design, traffic ready for use of the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver.
- TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION Europe: TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps of Western Europe.
- TomTom ONE 3rd EDITION Regional: TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps for the whole of the UK & ROI.
- TomTom RIDER: the portable all-in-one navigation solution designed specifically for motorbikes and scooters.
- TomTom NAVIGATOR 6: the integrated solution for mobile phones and PDA’s.
Product technical specifications
• 4.3” widescreen 16:9 format LCD (WQVGA: 480*272 pixels)
• CPU 400 MHz, 64MB RAM
• 4GB internal flash memory
• SD card socket
• High sensitivity GPS receiver
• Compatible with RDS-TMC traffic information receiver and TomTom’s subscription based traffic service
• Integrated FM transmitter
• Lithium-polymer battery (up to 5 hours operation)
• Optimised integrated microphone and speaker for high quality hands-free functionality
• Dimensions: 118 mm x 83 mm x 24 mm
• Weight: 220 grams
* Countries included in the map of Europe and North America are:
- Detailed coverage in Eastern and Western Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Spain (inc. Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Vatican City, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Russia Federation
- Road Connector coverage in Central Europe: Coverage of major roads to allow guided navigation from city to city and the borders of neighbouring counties: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine
- Maps of North America: USA, Canada, Guam