TomTom announces the New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION in the UK
Aug 28 2007
TomTom announces the New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION in the UK
New features for the world’s #1 portable navigator
- Easy to use
- Most accurate maps and unique TomTom Map Share™ technology
- Comprehensive trip guidance features
- Extensive industry leading range of safety features
- Optional traffic information and other smart extras
UK, 28 August 2007 - TomTom, the world’s largest portable navigation solutions provider, today announced the launch of the New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION in the UK. It combines even greater ease of use with quality navigation at a very affordable price. The New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION, comes with TomTom’s unique Map Share™ technology, latest map guarantee and an optional RDS-TMC traffic antenna.
“The New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION is the answer for drivers who want a PND that is easy to use, has the latest maps and technology, and is affordable,” said Harold Goddijn, TomTom’s chief executive officer. “With this introduction, we are offering customers a new entry level navigation device of even higher quality.”
Easy to use
The new TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION combines ease of use, portability, TomTom’s patented touch screen technology and award winning software. It also features a sleek light-weight design and is ultra compact so that users can carry it to and from their cars.
Unique TomTom Map Share™ technology and most accurate maps
Just as users of the recently launched New TomTom GO range, users of the New TomTom ONE 3rd EDITION can also now easily and instantly improve their own maps with TomTom Map Share™. TomTom Map Share™ lets users share improvements, daily, automatically and easily via TomTom HOME – TomTom’s free software application. TomTom has the world’s largest satellite navigation community with over 10 million users. TomTom Map Share™ users can contribute and exchange all their improvements amongst each other, making the best maps available for all of them. TomTom Map Share™ means TomTom drivers can always have the most up-to-date maps and inside local knowledge at their fingertips.
The latest maps are preloaded on the device. In case a newer release becomes available when the customer starts using the device, TomTom gives the user a free downloadable update.
Comprehensive trip guidance features
The New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION quickly recalculates the route of the driver, in case he wants to deviate from it or a roadblock occurs. The ‘Find Alternative’ option adds maximum flexibility to the driver in planning his route. Also, current street names can be displayed whilst travelling.
Extensive industry leading range of safety features
Safety is a key priority in the development of all TomTom products. The recently launched New TomTom GO range and the New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION come with uniquely designed safety features so drivers always have direct access to extensive safety and roadside assistance information wherever they go. The extensive ‘Help Me!’ menu includes information such as the way to the nearest hospital, car maintenance information and first aid instructions. Also, to enable the driver to drive in the safest way, fixed safety camera alerts are now included on the new TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION.
Traffic information and other smart extras
With the New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION, drivers can choose from a host of smart extras, making sure the destination is reached in a relaxed and enjoyable way. Drivers can now have easy access to traffic information with the optional RDS-TMC traffic antenna accessory. Also, a number of personalisation options, such as safety camera warnings, special navigation voices, POIs and more can be downloaded via TomTom HOME.
The New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION will be available from the 28th of August.
Pricing will be £149 for the Regional version and £179 for the European version.
Optional accessories available with the New TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION are:
• RDS-TMC traffic antenna: to get traffic updates.
• USB Home Charger: to charge your TomTom device at home and when traveling.
• Carry case & strap: to protect your device from bumps and scratches.
• Leather case & strap: to protect your TomTom device in style.
• Mount kits: for extra or alternative kits.
• Safety camera scratch card: to update your TomTom safety camera database.
Product technical specifications:
• High sensitivity GPS chipset
• 3.5" full color TFT LCD touchscreen (320 x 240 pixels, 64K colors)
• 512MB /1GB internal memory (Regional/Europe)
• RDS-TMC connector
• Internal Lithium-Ion battery (2 hours operation)
• Dimensions: 96 mm x 82 mm x 25 mm
• Weight: 174 grams
TomTom offers a wide range of devices to suit every driver’s need. These include:
- TomTom GOx20 range: pre-installed maps of Europe, unique TomTom Map Share™ technology, elegant and slim design with high quality finish, extra large 4.3 inch touch screen, built-in FM Transmitter to transmit sound over own car stereo, speech recognition and text-to-speech technology, enhanced hands-free calling, new smart & fun extras such as recording your own driving instructions
- TomTom ONE XL Europe: pre-installed maps for Western Europe on 1 GB hard disk, extra large 4.3 inch touch screen, sleek design, traffic ready for use of the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver
- TomTom ONE XL UK: pre-installed maps for UK on a SD Card, extra large 4.3 inch touch screen, sleek design, traffic ready for use of the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver
- TomTom ONE 3RD EDITION Europe: TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps of Western Europe, traffic ready for use of the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver.
- TomTom ONE 3rd EDITION UK: TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps for the whole of UK, traffic ready for use of the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver
- TomTom RIDER 2nd EDITION: the portable all-in-one navigation solution designed specifically for motorbikes and scooters
- TomTom NAVIGATOR 6: the new integrated solution for mobile phones and PDA’s