TomTom Launches New Product Range: TomTom ONE XL
Apr 16 2007
TomTom Launches New TomTom ONE XL Product Range~ TomTom ONE XL makes navigation even easier to use and safer with its extra large widescreen ~London, UK 16 April 2007 – TomTom, the world’s largest navigation solutions provider, today reveals the new TomTom ONE XL range with a super-sized 4.3 inch high-quality touch screen and a sleek new design.
The 4.3 inch screen guarantees drivers a clear view of the screen, whilst ensuring a stress free and safer journey on the road. Thanks to the enlarged screen drivers will have a better overview of the road ahead with more streets and information on display. The TomTom ONE XL also comes pre-installed with TomTom Safety Cameras to further encourage safe driving and offers easy access to traffic information through TomTom Traffic.
“We now have a great solution for everyone that would like to experience all benefits of the world’s best-selling navigation device TomTom ONE, combined with the ease of use of an extra large touch screen for added visibility and the possibility of receiving safety camera alerts and traffic information on the device. The TomTom ONE XL range has it all included and is a perfect addition to our product portfolio,” said Harold Goddijn, TomTom chief executive officer.”
The new TomTom ONE XL ensures great and easy to use navigation for consumers thanks to the high quality navigation features available on all TomTom devices, such as free QuickGPSfix software, the latest and most up to date maps and fast route calculation.
In addition, drivers have access to all other TomTom PLUS services including weather reports, updates on road conditions, new maps and the TomTom Buddies feature.
In conjunction with the TomTom ONE XL, a range of new accessories is being launched to complement the design and usability of the TT ONE XL. The range includes carry cases, different mounting solutions, and a fast home charger.
Users also get access to TomTom HOME. TomTom HOME is TomTom’s free software application enabling users to manage, download, store and transfer content from their computer onto their TomTom device. Via TomTom HOME users can easily plan routes, download voices, obtain traffic alerts and install maps to keep their TomTom up to date at anytime.
TomTom ONE XL will be available from all major retailers across Europe, as well as the US, Australia and South Africa from May 2007.
- TomTom ONE XL (UK & ROI) at £249 (including pre-installed Safety Camera database)
- TomTom ONE XL for Western Europe at £279 (including pre-installed Safety Camera database)
TomTom offers a wide range of devices to suit every driver’s need. These include:
- TomTom GO 910: pre-installed maps of Europe, USA and Canada, text-to-speech technology, hands-free calling and 20GB hard drive enabling drivers to play music and view images
- TomTom GO 710: pre-installed maps of Western Europe on a SD card, hands-free calling via Bluetooth-enabled phones
- TomTom GO 510: pre-installed maps of the UK & Ireland and major roads of Europe on a SD card, hands-free calling via Bluetooth-enabled phones
- TomTom ONE XL Europe: pre-installed maps for Western Europe on 1 GB internal memory, extra large 4.3 inch touch screen, sleek design, pre-installed Safety Camera database and up to date traffic information via TomTom Traffic
- TomTom ONE XL (UK): pre-installed maps for the UK and ROI on a SD Card, extra large 4.3 inch touch screen, sleek design, pre-installed Safety Camera database and up to date traffic information via TomTom Traffic
- TomTom ONE Europe: TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps of Western Europe
- TomTom ONE UK & ROI: TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps for the whole of the UK and ROI
- TomTom RIDER: the portable all-in-one navigation solution designed specifically for motorbikes and scooters
- TomTom NAVIGATOR 6: the new integrated solution for mobile phones and PDA’s