TomTom Announces Unique Football Promotion
Apr 08 2010
Amsterdam, April 2010 – Now that the qualification phase is over, TomTom celebrates the football tournament taking place this year by announcing a unique promotion especially for Mexico.
Consumers who buy a TomTom XL in Mexico from April 15 to June 8 2010 will be able to claim the full cost of the device back, should Mexico win the final.
“If Mexico wins, participating fans will have even more reason to celebrate as they will essentially get their TomTom device for free”, said Elias Kabeche, TomTom’s area director, Latin America. “We’re tapping into the excitement that this tournament typically generates to customers in Mexico with a unique way to show faith in their team.”
The special football promotion is running for an eight-week period from April 15 to June 8 2010 – a few days before the tournament starts.
TomTom navigation products include several key features and enhancements to deliver the best maps and safety features available in one easy-to-use device. Just as this tournament represents the best that football has to offer, TomTom delivers the ultimate navigation experience in today’s market.
Notes to editors
Promotion terms and conditions
- This promotion is available to TomTom customers in the following participating countries: Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, South Africa and Spain.
- Qualifying devices must be bought over an eight-week period between 15 April and 8 June 2010.
- Customers need to register their purchase of qualifying TomTom products and answer three multiple choice questions between 15 April and midnight 10 June at www.tomtom.com/futbol2010.
- Customers who buy their TomTom device in the country that subsequently wins the tournament must make their claim by 31 July 2010.
- Customers will receive their refund via BACS within 28 days.
- For full terms and conditions, see tomtom.com/futbol2010.
TomTom XL features include:
- Plug & GO
- Spoken Instructions
- 4.3’ Touchscreen
- Maps of Brazil
- Preloaded Points of Interest
- 30 Day Latest Map Guarantee
TomTom N.V. (AEX: TOM2) is the world’s leading provider of location and navigation solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands it employs over 3000 employees worldwide. More than 40 million people daily use its solutions, be it in the form of dedicated portable navigation devices (PNDs), in- dash car systems or tracking and tracing solutions for fleet management. In addition, hundreds of millions of people use TomTom’s digital maps and dynamic location content on the internet or mobile phone.
In 2009, TomTom reported €1.5 billion in revenues and a €340 million net cash flow from operating activities. More information about TomTom can be found on www.TomTom.com.