TomTom products now available in Mexico
Jan 08 2010
Mexico City - 8 January 2010 - TomTom, the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, today announces the availability of the TomTom GO 630, XL 330S and ONE 130 in Mexico. With this extensive product offering, consumers in Mexico can now benefit from TomTom’s unique features, acclaimed ease-of-use and superior routing. Devices in Mexico come with one year of map updates, so users always have the latest Tele Atlas map.
“With the introduction of these new products, consumers in Mexico can join the 30 million users worldwide who already enjoy the unparalleled navigation experience TomTom provides,” said Elias Kabeche, TomTom’s Regional Director, Latin America. “We are happy to offer a variety of products to cater to individual preference and need. All TomTom customers will benefit from unique TomTom features, such as Map Share and ‘Help Me’, regardless of which product they choose.”
The GO 630, XL 330S and ONE 130 incorporate several key features to deliver the best navigation experience:
- Map Coverage – The devices come pre-installed with the most up-to-date maps of Mexico and the US. TomTom products feature maps from Tele Atlas, which in recent certified tests rated highest for quality and reliability. The maps cover hundreds of thousands of kilometers of roadways in Mexico’s top cities, including Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey and Puebla, and popular vacation spots such as Puerto Vallarta and Acapulco. The maps also include more than 100,000 Points of Interest.
- TomTom Map Share™ – TomTom Map Share™ is a unique map improvement technology that enables users to easily and instantly improve maps directly on their device*. Map Share users can also receive map improvements made by the TomTom community via TomTom HOME, TomTom's free desktop software application, so their TomTom devices always has the most-up-to-date maps available.
- ‘Help Me’ Safety Menu – TomTom’s exclusive ‘Help Me!’ feature gives TomTom users direct access to safety and emergency service information. The extensive ‘Help Me!’ menu includes information such as breakdown service numbers and directions to the nearest car repair service or hospital. Other safety features include automatic re-routing, timed driving breaks and menu accessibility options.
- Spoken Street Names – TomTom XL 330S users can benefit from turn-by-turn spoken street names. Instead of saying “turn right in 200 meters” the device will say “turn right on Reforma street in 200 meters.” This feature makes it even easier for drivers to keep their eyes on the road while navigating through busy traffic and convoluted roadways.
- Hands-free Calling – TomTom GO 630 users can benefit from enhanced hands-free calling via Bluetooth. This allows drivers to keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while making phone calls in the car.
All TomTom devices also include preloaded Points of Interest (POIs), such as gas stations, restaurants and hotels.
* Map Share improvements include changes in street names, road speed limits, turn restrictions, traffic directions and road blocks, as well as corrections to Points of Interest (POI), such as phone numbers changes.
Availability and Pricing
The TomTom GO 630, XL 330S and ONE 130 will be available starting today at major retailers in Mexico.
TomTom’s products have the following recommended retail prices:
TomTom ONE 130: 3,199 MEX Pesos
TomTom XL 330S: 3,999 MEX Pesos
TomTom GO 630: 5,499 MEX Pesos
For more information or customer support, please visit http://www.tomtom.com or call 1 800 1 TOMTOM (866 866).
For Public Relations please contact:
Edelman Public Relations
For Investor Relations please contact:
+31 20 7 575 119
TomTom NV (AEX: TOM2) is the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps. TomTom NV has over 3,300 employees working in four business units – TomTom, Tele Atlas, Automotive and WORK.
TomTom's products are developed with an emphasis on innovation, quality, ease of use, safety and value. TomTom's products include all-in-one navigation devices which enable customers to navigate right out of the box; these are the award-winning TomTom GO family, the TomTom XL and TomTom ONE ranges and the TomTom RIDER. Additionally, independent research proves that TomTom products have a significant positive effect on driving and road safety.
Tele Atlas delivers the digital maps and dynamic content that power some of the world’s most essential navigation and location-based services (LBS). Through a combination of its own products and partnerships, Tele Atlas offers digital map coverage of more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. The Automotive business unit develops and sells navigation systems and services to car manufacturers and OEMs. TomTom WORK combines industry leading communication and smart navigation technology with leading edge tracking and tracing expertise.
TomTom NV was founded in 1991 in Amsterdam and has offices in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. TomTom is listed at Euronext Amsterdam in The Netherlands. For more information, go to www.tomtom.com.