Our LBS Platform is a cloud-based environment that allows developers easy access to TomTom’s map content and software services. With this new Location Based Services (LBS) Platform developers are equipped with the content and tools to create location-enabled applications for consumers, enterprises and governments markets.Why the TomTom LBS Platform?
The Freshest Maps
- TomTom coverage updated daily from multiple sources 200+ countries and territories covered
- Serving 4 billion+ people & 40 million kilometers globally
The most accurate real time traffic
- Updates received constantly from GPS probe data
- Reporting vivid picture of traffic conditions as they evolve
Best in class Geocoding and routing
- Highly accurate geocoding results
- Coverage over enormous road network
- Automotive-grade routing
One-stop-shop for the best of location intelligence
The Map Toolkit API offers maps, traffic, routing, and geocoding.
- Our map tiles comprise attractive raster street map images pre-rendered at 18 zoom levels ranging from one global tile down to detailed map image tiles that are 305m X 305m in size. Each image is corresponds with a position on an established zoom level grid system used by the WMS-C standard. Routing and Traffic tiles can be layered to create a compound display.
Leverage TomTom Traffic for applications
- Include traffic incident and delay information for display on your map view
- Include detailed information such as: Type of delay Length of the delay, Significance, Distance
- Traffic information is updated every 2 minutes
- Point to point routing using automotive-grade routing algorithms
- Route calculation to provide the best route while avoiding traffic, or to plan upcoming journey for a certain time of day
The Geocoding API is for customers interested in only geocoding. Functionality includes both forward single call and batch geocoding.
- Free text search and reverse Geocoding API. Free text search use our geocoding API to find an address, place or point of interest
- Use our Reverse Geocoding API to track locations from a pair of coordinates
How Developers use our LBS Platform?